Your Android phones are considered the best when it comes to enabling specific permissions in your device. The stock firmware in Android is consisted of a lot of things, including which the recovery is considered to be one of the most essential things which you need to take care of in your devices. Yet most of the times, if the custom recovery of your device fails or isn’t quite better, then you go for another recovery, called the TWRP recovery.
People generally install this recovery if they are a regular users of the new ROMs and stuff. The stock recovery on Android device will delete all user and cache content, for factory reset options, enable external tools to run functions on Android device and perform system updates. The stock recovery may be a restricted system. A custom recovery may be a third-party recovery atmosphere. Compared to the default or what we call the stock recovery in your devices, the custom recovery has some of the best and additional options as it is changed to permit update packages that haven’t been digitally signed by official sources. Custom recoveries have the power to make and restore device backups.
So, if you are ahead of desiring how to install twrp recovery on any android device, let us help you in this case:
how to install twrp recovery with pc
This step by step guide needs to be followed for install twrp recovery without root:
- Firstly, you will have to download the proper USB drivers for your PC. If your PC runs on Windows, then you will have a specific version and if it is a Mac, then you will have another version. Be sure to download them from here.
- You will have to download a TWRP recovery .img file for your device. Each device has a different type of .img file. You can Google it.
- Now you have to setup ADB and Fastboot on your PCs or Laptops. For that, you may visit this link.
- Now, don’t forget to enable USB debugging in your Android devices. For that, you will have to locate it via Developer Options of your device, which you can unlock by tapping on the Build Number of your device in Settings.
- Now, open the folder where the .img file is saved.
- In the very same folder, open a command window.
- Connect your device to PC via a USB Cable and in the command window, enter the command “adb reboot bootloader” and hit enter.
- Now your device will be in bootloader mode where you have to enter the following “command fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img” to flash the TWRP .img file.
- Once the method is successful, type the following command “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device into normal mode.
That’s all. You have successfully flashed TWRP recovery on your devices. Make sure you keep note of the 2nd step where you are asked to download the specific file for your device. A wrong file may harm or brick your device. Avoid those things. If any queries, feel free to ask us in the comment section.