Android devices are considered to be the best when it comes to having an open platform with some of the very best features and manual customizations. Not only that but you can even root your Android devices for better options and customizations which, otherwise aren’t available for a common Android user.
Now, in all this using and other things which we see in Android, you are pretty sure that you would have many apps in your device, but having a virus onboard is like one of the most unhealthy things for your devices. Android viruses are rare, yet they exist. Only one out of thousands of Android users may have witnessed a virus in their devices, and still they exist and that too without any warnings. So, that’s why we are here to guide you how to remove virus from android devices.
Having a bunch of apps which are not that safe or having any conflicting signatures are mostly the reasons for the virus in your Android devices. You might have shared a common virus file with your friend which would be infected and that caused a mutual virus in both the devices. Anyways, it needs to be removed for sure.
How would I know that there is a virus in my Android device?
This here is a common question. Most of the times, when we see the virus files in our PCs, they can be detected quite easily as there is a security system onboard always and there is always a Window Defender, just in case… But when we talk about Android devices, there is never any confirmation whether your device is infected or not. So, for that purpose, you can see if any of the symptoms here meet, and after that only, you can declare individually that your device is infected:
- Android system usually starts running quite slow and most of the times, starts behaving abnormally.
- There are ads everywhere. Really, at every damn place in your Android.
- Your device doesn’t respond to your commands and most of the times, locking and unlocking a device takes much time.
- There appear numerous apps on your Android device which you have no idea about. Most of them lead to other softwares and apps which further disrupt your device even more.
- There is no way of uninstalling these apps.
HOW TO REMOVE AN ANDROID VIRUS FROM COMPUTER
Different kinds of viruses require a different skill and a different method, something which you should always know about. Here, we will be telling you some of the basic methods, yet they work every time and on every kind of virus.
- Keep an Antivirus Onboard:
There are many people who think that antivirus causes more problems in your devices. This is not always true, because for all the strong viruses, an antivirus is the best thing which you can install on your device. People however like softwares like Eset and Avast for their Android devices just because of the reason that they are free, they require no maintenance and they are the best and the most powerful against any kind of virus which is there in your Android devices. So, we suggest you to keep an antivirus installed, which you can do easily by heading to the Google Play Store and downloading one right away.
- Update your devices regularly:
Most of the times, there are some kind of issues with your device and that are caused by the update which has been released for your device. Sometimes, the updates bring scripts and logs which are harmful for your device and make it slow and we declare it as a virus. But, eventually all of the mess is caused by the updates. However, to remove this menace and avoid any further issues with your device, you can easily update to every new version of firmware brought to your phone, which most of the times is stable and allows your device to manipulate and remove any kind of issue which had been there previously in your Android device.
- Don’t install any apps outside the Google Play Store:
People might usually think that it is safe downloading apps from outside the Google Play Store, but if you just want to invite more trouble for your device, you can download any APKs for your Android devices. Most of the times, the virus in your Android device is caused just because of these apps which you download outside the Google Play Store are always there with conflicting signatures which are believed to ruin your device quite bad, and in the end, your device turns out to be infected.
- Try clearing your device’s storage:
This also is one better option to remove Android viruses, just because of the reason that once you clear the storage of your device, it removes everything which you have in your device, even the viruses. If you are unsure what to delete, just do a manual format of your device and you can easily use it once again in its normal mode, without any issues.
- Don’t use Custom ROMs
You may have seen that people love using the custom ROMs on their devices, just because of the reason that they give them access across some of the best features and the ones which we don’t have in our default ROMs. People who have custom ROMs, however, don’t know that it is the very same ROMs which sometimes causes issues in your devices and it doesn’t function properly. If this is the case with you, it is better to stick to your default ROM, rather than going for such a ROM which your device doesn’t support that well.
ALTERNATE WAY TO REMOVE ANDROID MANUALLY VIRUSES
- Put your Android device in Safe Mode, which you can do easily. If you don’t know how to put your device in safe mode, just head to Google and search “How to put [device’s name] in Safe Mode.” The benefit of safe mode is that all the installed apps will be hidden till reboot and only the system apps will be visible to you, which means that it prevents any app from running malware in your devices. When your device is in safe mode, you will see “Safe Mode” message on the left bottom corner of your device.
- Now, open your settings menu and check the apps which are there. Go to the “Downloaded” tab and if you are not sure which virus has infected your device or which virus is affecting your phone, go through the list of apps and look for anything in dodgy something. That app is the one which is creating problems in your device. Same is the case with other unknown apps if they are there in your device.
- Now, open that very app and you will have to uninstall this app, for the safety of your device and if you are willing to remove it, just locate the uninstall button and delete it forever. However, in most of the cases, you will see that the uninstall button has been greyed out, and this means that the app has given itself the admin authorities, which means it is hard to remove it that way.
- Exit the menu and go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and there, you will find a list of all those apps which have the admin access. Simply unmark the dodgy virus app and you will see that it has lost control over your device. Do the same for other apps which you feel are malicious (other than system apps).
- Now, uninstall the dodgy virus app and reboot your device. You will see that your device functions normally now and you can use your Android device normally now without any issues and without any kinds of viruses.
So, these were some of the basic methods which you can try on your Android devices and remove any kind of viruses which are running on. If you are not satisfied or have any kinds of problems understanding this guide, just make sure that you drop in your questions in the comment box and let us know what the issue is. We will be sure to help you with your queries.